Sunday, July 19, 2015

Here we go again!

I am getting ready to start my second girl scout troop, another daisy troop, for DD2. DD1 bridged to Brownies and it was such a wonderful successful 2 years.

Here is how I've begun planning out meetings and dues. At our parent meeting I like to hand out parent packets with as much information as possible.

First of all, a calendar of the whole year with the disclaimer that we try our best to stick to it!

1) I figure out which days we will meet on. We will meet every other week. I wrote all these down then checked our school calendar for school holidays.

2) Count up how many meetings we will have and multiply by $3.00 (or however much your dues per meeting will be) This is to cover meeting supplies. I chose $3.00 because that is about how much a fun patch is. We try to give out at least one fun patch per month after our outing. We don't necessarily purchase craft supplies for each meeting, but sometimes we have a more expensive craft... like a bird bath or stepping stones.

3) Go on the girl scout website and look to see what kind of activities they will hold this year that you might want to attend. Girl Scout howl out, Jamboree, Girl scout camp, and anything else that looks fun. :)

4) Since it's not the new year Scouting year yet, there are not a lot of dates out, but I do know the general time frame for cookie season, so I try to gather a page on cookie season. explain how it works and what our goals are. We most definitely will have a parent meeting before cookie season, usually just a day or two before we can begin taking pre-orders. Parents have to sign release forms and have all information before they can take orders so I've found it's best for *me* to have a parent meeting and give all the information out at one time.

5) I print off all release forms and membership forms that parents need to sign.

6) A quick overview of awards earned and insignia placement. As a second part of that I have a printed off list of the cost for the uniform and all other expenses they should anticipate during the year.

7) Snack sign up sheet

8) I explain how our meetings are structured, go over some girl scout rules and general expectations.
I am the sort of person that does not like to go into things blind, so I try to give as much information as possible. I also really like to have things planned ahead and to be clear. My goal is to always be transparent and clear with our parents. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY!

Here is the clip art I'm planning to use this year, I love that it all "matches" and that it is super cute. :)
There are a lot of free printables and she also has an etsy shop you can purchase additional printables from.


Here are a couple links:

Daisy Scrapbook pages
https://www.etsy.com/listing/181004100/daisies-scrapbook-pages-11-unique-pages

Daisy Certificates
https://www.etsy.com/listing/191519460/daisies-certificates-pack-instant?ref=shop_home_active_16

I'll print the certificates on card stock.

Here are a couple free printables too!

A welcome banner:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BnXMbOyHAtQk5jOWthaFJ1NUk/edit

Supplies Drive note cards
http://fashionablemoms.blogspot.com/2014/03/girl-scouts-free-printable-daisies.html

Name Tags (I'll print this on sticker paper and cut each out!)
http://fashionablemoms.blogspot.com/2014/01/girl-scouts-daisies-name-tags.html

A calendar I will hand out monthly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BnXMbOyHAtVUQzcTNGMTVHS1k/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment